Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Final Art Class Refelction

This year in art class has been a long and pretty much successful journey. I can slightly remember the beginning of the year where everyone was so uncomfortable in a new enviroment and was just waiting to see what this new experience had in store for them. For me, I was pretty nervous for art because I never really thought of myself as a great artist...I pretty much just thought that my work was average and not anything special. I think that by the end of the year, this class has taught me that there are many different types of art that each person can do it that is what makes them unique artistically. Some of my favorite projects were definitely the one where you spilled the paint on the paper, and you had to create art with what you made by mistake. This really taught me to go with the flow and learn how to create something fun and cool with something that wasn't on purpose. This I feel is a really important aspect to have in art because you can not always be a perfectionist with your art work because many things will probably go wrong. Another project that taught me a lesson that I will remember is the many different types of self portraits we did. I think that the extreme differences between many of the self portraits really caused you to think about how you are in so many different ways. For me the many self portraits like my portrait of a theater and my sculpture the ferris wheel and hermit crab really show myself in two different ways. Even though, throughout most of the year I struggled with staying with a project...which that also taught me to only chew off what I can chew..hahahahaha...but anyways, I think that Art Principles was a great start to my art career at BCDS and even though I was a sophomore in a freshman class, I think I would chose this class for the many lessons learned, the great teacher :), and the sometimes crazy but ALWAYS fun class!!!!!
Thanks a lot Mrs. Roberts,
Lexie Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment